Dragons world investment Pte Ltd (hereinafter called "the Owner" which expression shall
where the context so admits include the owner's successor-in-title) hereby agrees to let
and the hirer named herein (herein-after called "the Hirer") agrees to take on hire the
motor vehicle described herein (hereinafter called "the said vehicle") subject to the following
terms and conditions.
Period of Hire
- The said vehicle (and all tools and accessories therein) is the property of the Owner and the Hirer
shall be a mere Bailee thereof and no interest in it shall pass on to the Hirer.
- The said vehicle may only be driven by the Hirer or persons who are designated and authorized
therein (here-in after called "the authorized driver").
- The Hirer and the authorized driver must be at least 22 years of age and be holding a valid driving
license with 2 or more years of valid driving experience. Failure to comply will return all damage
costs to be borne by the Hirer.
- The Hirer and the authorized driver shall at all times drive the said vehicle in a careful and
skillful manner, observing the traffic regulations and laws and in the event of any breach thereof,
the Hirer shall pay all fines, cost of repairs and penalties which may be incurred and shall also
answer all Police and Traffic Court Summonses, Notices and Inquiries in connection therewith.
- Particular attention is to be accorded to the following:
- The Hirer shall not carry load or passengers in excess of the Motor Vehicle's licensed carrying
capacity (e.g. one driver and four passengers).
- The Hirer shall not drive the said vehicle whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor or
- It is expressly forbidden to hire the said vehicle out to third persons or to let unauthorized
persons or learners to use the said vehicle or to
permit the said vehicle to be used for illegal purposes (for instance: in connection with theft,
drug pedalling or trafficking, smuggling, or any other criminal activity) or the purposes
of test or racing. Failure to comply may entail serious consequences as the Hirer shall
assumes full responsibility in the event of the said vehicle being seized, confiscated
or forfeited as a result thereof, the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner for all losses
incurred including the value of the said vehicle.
- If the Hirer fails to pay any outstanding 3rd Party Non-Waiver Insurance Excess
and/or repair costs of the said vehicle in the event it is found damaged at
the expiration of the period of hire, the Hirer shall bear the excess and/or
the cost with interest of 10% per month until it is fully paid or as
the Owner may in its absolute discretion thinks fit.
- Failure to comply with clauses 1c, 1d, 1e and 1f will render the Hirer liable for all
costs and third party claims.
Use and Maintenance of Vehicle
- The hiring shall commence on the date and at the time specified and shall continue for the
period and end on the date and at the time stated unless extended or as
requested by the Hirer, subject to the consent of the Owner.
- The Hirer shall pay in full the hire charge specified before the commencement of hiring.
No part of such hire charge shall be refunded in any circumstances.
The Hirer shall be deemed to have extended the period of hire by reason of
the Hirer's failure to return the said vehicle or continued possession and/or
continued use of the said vehicle upon the same terms and conditions in respect of any
replacement vehicle hired in lieu of the said vehicle by means of new Rental Agreement or
If the Hirer fails to return the said vehicle at the expiration of the period of hire,
then without prejudice to the other rights of the Owner, the Hirer, shall pay to the Owner for
every hour elapsing between the time of such expiration and the time the said vehicle
is returned to the owner, such further other change in accordance with the Owner's
current rate of hire charge or at such other rate as the Owner may in its absolute discretion
thinks fit. All charges and amount due which are not paid when due shall bear an interest
of 10% per month until they are paid.
- The Hirer agrees that a punctured tyre, flat battery due to negligence, activation of the vehicle
spare key, by itself does not represent a breakdown and that in the event the Owner's Emergency
Response is called upon to react to such occurrence, the Hirer shall bear the cost of such response
at S$50 per trip, excluding replacement costs, if any.
i) For faults such as High Temperature Gauge reading, Coolant leak, and/or Radiator Fan failure, the hirer is required to stop the vehicle by the roadside and contact us immediately. Should the hirer continue to drive 'said' vehicle despite the fault(s), any resulting damage(s) to the engine will be borne by the 'hirer'.
- The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the required cash card with sufficient balance prior entry
into any roads within the ERP system.
- The Hirer or authorized driver shall report all accidents involving the said vehicle to the Owner
immediately and should there be bodily injuries, to the police WITHIN 24 hours after the accident.
The Hirer or authorized driver shall not admit or compound any claim, either partially or in full.
Hirer is to secure the names and addresses of all witnesses as well as the registration number of
all vehicles involved in the accident. All communications or letters received from the police or
third parties are to be referred to the Owner immediately. The Hirer shall not abandon the said
vehicle without adequate provisions for safeguarding and security at the same time. Failure to
comply with this clause will render the Hirer liable for all costs and third party claims.
- The Owner shall not under any circumstances be liable to make any payment to the Hirer in respect of
or to indemnify the Hirer against any loss, injury or damage sustained by the Hirer or by any third
party as a result of the use of the said vehicle. The Hirer shall be deemed to have satisfied
himself that is in all respects roadworthy and in a proper and safe condition.
- The Hirer agrees that the reservation fee is strictly non-refundable. If for any reason the vehicle
described in the schedule of any other vehicle ordered by the Hirer prior to the commencement of the
period of hire is not available at the time of such commencement, the Owner reserves the right to
replace the said vehicle with an alternative vehicle of similar seating capacity and if no such
alternative vehicle is available then the Hirer shall be refunded of any charge and deposit (if any)
paid by him after offsetting the rental charge and costs incurred but shall not have other claim of
any kind whatsoever against the Owner. However if no deposit is paid, the Hirer must pay for rental
charges incurred on demand.
- The Hirer shall pay for the cost of petrol during the period of hiring PROVIDED ALWAYS that the
hirer having taken delivery of the said vehicle with petrol shall return it likewise, failure to do
so which the Owner shall be entitled to refill the tank and the cost thereof shall be recoverable
from the Hirer.
Return of Vehicle
- The vehicle is NOT covered by a motor insurance policy covering personal accident insurance for the
Hirer, his passenger or authorized driver and the Owner shall be not be responsible for any
liability claims, injuries or otherwise in connection with any accident death or the losses arising
from the use of the vehicle. The Owner may at the request of the Hirer and upon payment of the
requisite charges, arrange for separate personal accident coverage for bodily injury or death.
- The said vehicle shall be covered under a Vehicle Insurance Policy which contains an excess Clause
as Stipulated/Stated in the Vehicle Rental Agreement.
Where the Vehicle can and cannot be driven
- On or prior to the expiration of the period of hire, the Hirer shall return the said vehicle
together with all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment to the owner at the Owner's designated
station in as good order and condition as the said vehicle was when collected by the Hirer from the
- The Hirer shall not take the said vehicle outside mainland Singapore, Malaysia or any other
territory outside Singapore without the Owner's written consent. Failure to comply shall result in
the Hirer assuming personal and full responsibility and when the said vehicle is damaged, seized,
confiscated or forfeited as a result thereof, the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner for all losses
incurred including the value of the said vehicle.
Arising out of any breach by the Hirer of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement:
Tamper Evident Decal
- The Hirer shall pay the Owner on demand all losses and damages suffered by the Hirer, including, but
not limited to any loss or damage suffered by the Owner due to the loss of use or loss of the said
- The Hirer shall pay on demand all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred by or on
behalf of the Owner for taking any legal proceedings to enforce the provisions of this Agreement.
- The Owner reserves the right to resume possession of the hired vehicle at any time from the Hirer in
the Owner's interest without prejudice.
- No relaxation, forbearance or indulgence by the Owner in enforcing any of the terms and conditions
of this agreement shall prejudice or affect the rights and powers of the Owner hereunder nor shall
any waiver or any breach operate as a waiver of any subsequent or continuing breach.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or any person for any loss or damage whatsoever and
howsoever caused or occasioned by reason of the Owner resuming possession of the vehicle nor shall
the Owner be liable to any person for monies, goods, articles or things not belonging to the Owner
which are in or alleged to be in the vehicle at the time the Owner resumes possession of the
- This vehicle was rented to you for Personal usage only, no Uber/Grab are allowed at all time unless
- Our vehicles are fitted with tempered evident decal and you "The Hirer" at all time must make sure
that the decal is as per Figure 1 before taking over/returning the vehicle. Failing which will
result in penalty of $300.
- If you are caught using our vehicle for Chauffer Driven e.g. Uber / Grab by LTA, we
Dragons World Investment Pte Ltd will not be held any responsible for the penalty or fine issued to us
as we will furnish your particular to LTA as the "hirer at the time of offence".
- Do note that any form of vehicle are not allowed to enter into Taxi Stand / Bus Stop for Pickup
& Dropoff AT ALL TIME except for Taxi and Bus itself, should you
enter into the Taxi Stand / Bus Stop to pickup or dropoff your family/friends, any fine issue to us
will be under your liabilities.
You "The Hirer" agree that this vehicle rented to you is meant for Personal Usage only, should you
fail to comply with all the above, you will be responsible for all the offence taken place in your
rental period and $300 for replacement of the decal (refer to Figure 2.) Should there be any void
coming off the sticker.